C-section, mirena IUD inserted, white pubic hairs

Pubic hair rapidly turning white
I had my first baby by c-section last May. I was 29 years old. In XXXXXXX I had a mirena IUD inserted. In August, I noticed that some of my pubic hair had started growing in white. Now, six months later, it is 75% white. The hair on my head is still completely brown.

What on Earth could be happening? This is very humiliating to me and I am worried something is wrong with my health but have been too afraid to ask a doctor.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

The IUD that you are using doesnot contain any medicine that can cause any side effect.

Greying of hair over body starts before the scalp hair and if it has started in your pubic hair there is nothing much one can do.

If you are still sceptical about the reason behind the greying of hair and attribute it to IUD, you can opt for some other kind of contraception for a couple of months, get the IUD removed to see if the situation improves.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Dr.Rohit Batra.