C-section, mirena IUD inserted, pubic hair turns white

Pubic hair rapidly turning white
I had my first baby by c-section last May. I was 29 years old. In XXXXXXX I had a mirena IUD inserted. In August, I noticed that some of my pubic hair had started growing in white. Now, six months later, it is 75% white. The hair on my head is still completely brown.

What on Earth could be happening? This is very humiliating to me and I am worried something is wrong with my health but have been too afraid to ask a doctor.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 4 hours later
I have seen so many patient using mirena but for first time I am encountering such side effect? Pubic hair greying can be due to thyroid problem, anemia or smoking. If these things does not fit into your situation, consult your doctor and get examined. Also inform the mirena company regarding this side effect. You can consider removal of mirena and choose other contraceptive method.

Best wishes,