Buzzing sensation in groin area. What is the reason?

Question
I have been experiencing buzzing in the my groin area for the last two days. No pain. Just buzzing, like a cell phone on vibrate. It is in a pattern.... A 3-4 second buzz, followed by a 1-2 second pause continuously.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The buzzing sensation in your groin area is not likely to be associated with any gynecological pathology. It is most likely to be due to a pinched nerve or a nerve root irritation at the spinal cord level. Since you have a history of low back pain, an age related spinal cord disc degeneration is a likely possibility.
Adequate bed rest and physical therapy are the mainstay of treatment.
Improvising your posture while sitting will be helpful in retarding the further progress of such changes.
For symptomatic treatment taking methylcobalamin supplements will be helpful.
Doing an MRI scan of the lumbo sacral spine will help in confirming the diagnosis.
Avoid lifting heavy objects and use a firm mattress for adequate back muscles support.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.