Burst blood vessel in eyelid means problem?

I have a burst blood vessel in my eyelid. Is this a problem?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Spontaneous bursting of a blood vessel in the eye as such does not pose much problem and gradually resolves on its own over 3-5 weeks.
The cause of this spontaneous bursting needs to be investigated. You might need to stop taking aspirin that you are taking to avoid further spontaneous bleeding.
Please consult your physician for monitoring your platelet count and blood coagulation profile and to reduce the doses of aspirin.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.