Burping entire day, feeling full and uncomfortable, puked after eating. Thought it was acidity. Is it stomach infection?

Question
Hi I am feeling a little weird . For past two days in the morning i start burping and have a feeling that my tummy is full . I continue burping the entire day and yesterday when i ate in the afternoon at night i puked as i felt full and uncomfortable . I am feeling like this today also . I thought this is due to acidity i had a pudhin XXXXXXX but it had no effect , I still feel miserable . I think this is because some days back I had chicken and beer , so I think I have developed some stomach infection . Please suggest medicine
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 minutes later

From the symptoms it looks like acute gastritis and gastrointestinal reflux.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. There are many possible causes of this disorder including an infection (bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic), an irritant, backup of bile or due to acid reflux.

Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body. Also take an antacid or a H2 blocker like Rantac or a PPI inhibitor drug like Omeprazole after consulting your doctor. These are to be taken empty stomach for a period of 15 days.

Further, avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats.

An advice from a dietician will be helpful. Try raising the head end of your bed by at least two blocks and take your meals 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals. Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Burping entire day, feeling full and uncomfortable, puked after eating. Thought it was acidity. Is it stomach infection? 6 minutes later
Thank you for your reply . I did not get one thing though "an antacid or a H2 blocker like Rantac or a PPI inhibitor drug like Omeprazole after consulting your doctor" which medicine should i take for sure . I donot have the time to visit or consult a doctor . So please suggest a definite medicine for ailment.

And I am having a lot of water but that is making me more full . I look drained out and feel weak.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can take PPI inhibitors like Pantocid DSR. Taking antacid like Diovol will also help.