Burnt lips and area below face, feeling pain, applied burnol. Suggestion what to do next?

Question
i burnt my lips and small area below that on the face last night while doing a flame shot at an office party. i have applied burnol. there is pain. Kindly suggest what should i do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Your photographs and the history of pain suggest that burn is superficial in nature.

This should heal normally with application of BURNOL or any other local antibiotic ointment like soframycin.

Such types of superficial burns heal completely and don't leave any scar or XXXXXXX later on.

You may take some anti inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily for 3 to 4 days for the pain and swelling.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.

Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Burnt lips and area below face, feeling pain, applied burnol. Suggestion what to do next? 4 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your response. How many times should i apply burnol? Once i wash it off to eat something the pain begins again. As long as i leave it on it does not pain. Also, The skim stretches every time i open my mouth to eat which also is painful. once in a while I see a small droplet of water on the wound. I will take the medicine prescribed you you. Please advice on how regularly should i use Burnol?

Thank you
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 16 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
The pain will be there for the initial few days only. You can apply the BURNOL ointment 3 to 4 times in a day.
The droplet of water is reactionary fluid from the wound and will soon go away.
Thanks

Follow-up: Burnt lips and area below face, feeling pain, applied burnol. Suggestion what to do next? 44 minutes later
Thank you Doc! :)
I will do as u prescribed.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

I hope you will be alright soon.

Thanks