Burnt esophagus, hurts to swallow, no throat pain. Pain treatment?

I bunrt my esophogus April 24 with a hotdog. It took my about 30 seconds to get some water to was it down. it is 2 days later and it still hurts to swollow. My thoat doesn't hurt. What can I do to relieve the pain
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 49 minutes later

For such kind of pain during swallowing after taking hot foods, first of all take antacids which form a coating on the lining of the esophagus and stomach and helps in quick healing. These antacids should preferably contain oxetacaine which is a potent numbing agent and is very helpful for the pain associated with espohagitis (inflammation of the esophagus) and peptic ulcers disease.

Avoid alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, chocolate or spicy or greasy foods and instead take cold foods preferably liquids like milk and yogurt. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.