Burnt chin while treating pimples with Dettol, peeling skin, burning. Can I use aloe vera?

Question
burnt my entire chin while treating my pimples with dettol ....I don"t want any scar on my face...plz help...what should i do...? the skin peeled off revealing a pink skin which is burning like hell..can I use aloe Vera on it.?.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 36 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Dettol diluted or undiluted should never be used on face or as a body wash. The change your skin has undergone should be an irritant reaction to dettol. It will burn facial skin by oxidation reaction.
I advice you to use morning times moisturizing cream like ELOVERA. Night time use, Mommate-G contains Momentasone and Gentamycin.
I advice you to see dermatologist they will prescribe you an antibiotic (doxycycline) and Levocetrizine to decease the itching. From the picture it appears to be just superficial injury and it will heal without scar but still i advice you to see dermatologist.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Burnt chin while treating pimples with Dettol, peeling skin, burning. Can I use aloe vera? 20 hours later
thanku Dr. for the information. I consulted my dermatologist and she suggested me the following medicine and cream: BELAR FORTE & NEDOXIN GEL.. also she suggested using vaseline on the affected area.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 57 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
It is good that you have seen dermatologist, i advice you to follow the advice and also not to repeat this again.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and also can write review.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Burnt chin while treating pimples with Dettol, peeling skin, burning. Can I use aloe vera? 47 minutes later
thanku Doc for the advice...:)...I have one confusion..i just goggled about nadoxin gel and i find out that it is for acne treatment..:/ ....no mention of treatment of chemical burn..is it ok to use it? she asked me to rub it on the affected area...:(.. don't want to take any chances with my face..

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 14 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

It is a is a topical fluoroquinolone antibiotic, will be helpful so you can apply it.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Burnt chin while treating pimples with Dettol, peeling skin, burning. Can I use aloe vera? 3 minutes later
thanku doc for the help!! :) have a nice day..:) :)

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 minute later
Same to you mam.