Burning,queasy stomach,kidney disease

when i yawn or burp i feel queasy and my stomach has been burning. I'm 60yrs old female with a severe kidney disease that is stable at the moment. As the day goes on i feel better.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

Feeling the burning sensation in the stomach on burping is indicative of excessive gastric acidity. It is more commonly seen on an empty stomach.

You can control the gastric acidity both by some changes in your lifestyle and with the help of some medicines.

It should go away with the right treatment and the following lifestyle measures:

1) Try raising the headend of your bed about four inches with blocks.

2) It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals.

Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.

3) To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods. Further, avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food.

Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. An advice from a dietitian will be helpful.

4) You can take some antacid like tums or gelusil but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole after consulting your doctor.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.