Burning vagina when touching or urinating. Baby oil not helping to stop burning.

i used XXXXXXX on my virgina to remove and now it's burning when i touch it or us the bathroom i've put cold water on it but it's not helping what can i use i also use baby oil to try to stop it from burning but that's not helping i got it on the inside of my virgina
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later

It looks like irritant contact dermatitis to XXXXXXX First of all, do not apply XXXXXXX any more. Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. XXXXXXX it dry.

Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area or use a thin layer of Vaseline. Creams containing ceramides and calamine lotion may be helpful but avoid use of any creams containing propylene glycol, lactic acid, urea or salicylic acid.

Also you can take oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Zyrtec and use topical steroids but don’t take them without a medical supervision unless prescribed by your doctor.

He will start with mild steroids first. Topical immunomodulators like pimecrolimus and tacrolimus can be used in severe conditions but they are available under prescription.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.