Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning vagina during urination, bleeding, frequent urination. Had unprotected sex. Any cure?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi there, i am 16 years old and i have had sex(unprotected) also i am sexually active. just like 2 days ago.. we had sex after that then i went to use the restroom. after i pee, it hurts a lot like burning and like something is pushing in the inside. When i wipe my urethra, there will be like light blood bleeding when i wipe my vagina. after using the restroom, seems like i have to go use the bathroom every 10-15 mins or an hour. Pleasee help me. is there any cure for this? Help me.. i dont want to go see the doctor.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 47 minutes later

Burning micturition and increased frequency suggest you are probably suffering from urinary tract infection.

You should take plenty of fluids and get urine culture and sensitivity investigation done. You will need a course of antibiotics, according to culture report. Meanwhile you can start with ciprofloxacin twice daily, but only after you submit the urine sample for lab test. This is a prescription drug. Please get it prescribed by your physician. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Vaginal blood tinge discharge can be there after rough intercourse. Also there might be a chance of sexually transmitted disease. I would suggest you use protection for this.

Hope this helps.
Do ask if you have some more questions.

Dr. Rajat Gupta