Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning urination, x-ray clear, swollen penis and scrotum, taken Cipra and Rapiflow

General Surgeon
Yes!! On Wed. it started to burn a little when urinating, then Thurs. it burned much worse. Then, yesterday I realized that I could not urnate at all. Went to urlogist they took an xray to see if there was a kidney stone, but there was'nt one. Since I could not urniate, they could not test my urine for an infection. He gave me cipra and told me to come back in a week.

When I got out of the shower this afternoon I noticed that my penis shaft had swollen to almost twice as thick and my scrotm is super full of something and almost resembles a blow fish.

Oh, the urologist did give me Rapiflow and I have been able to eek out a small amount.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 30 minutes later

At your age you might be suffering from hyperplasia of prostrate superimposed by urinary infection.

You will need to take cipra for urinary infection. However if your urine output is less and your scrotum is swollen, I suggest you consult your urologist again.

You might need Foley’s catheterisation to drain your bladder.

Hope this helps.
Do ask if you have any more questions.

Dr. Rajat Gupta