Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning urination, bleeding during urination, feel cold, shivering. What are the causes for all this?

My husband, from two days has burning sensation after passing urine and a little blood comes out as well, he also feels cold and shiverring, what are the causes for all this?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

From the symptoms would you have reported it appears that your husband has a very classic signs and symptoms of a urination as well as increasing urinary frequency and urgency. The fevers or shivers which are associated with this certainly indicate that he needs to be placed on an antibiotic as soon as possible.

My recommendation to you is to proceed to the nearest facility where you can have a physician evaluate your husband and check a urinalysis followed by a prescription for a broad-spectrum antibiotic.

I am sure he will feel much better once the antibiotic is in his system.

Till then, I would suggest him to drink lot of water to reduce the burning urination.

I think you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns, I would be happy to address them.