Burning, tingling, coloured toes. Prescribed mupirocin. Suggest medication

my toes are so red, burning, tingling. Dr. prescribed mupirocin. it cools off my toes but come back again.I've been suffering with this more than a year. I can't walk nor do my regular activities. I lost my job because of that for i have to stand up while working.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

I would like to know few more details on your problem to understand the condition better and opine specifically.

Do you have an open wound in the affected part? - Mupirocin is an antibiotic ointment given to prevent infections in open wounds and promote healing.

Do you have any lesions like scaly or dark patches in the affected part?

Are the symptoms continuous or present on specific time of the day?

What are the aggravating and relieving factors for the symptoms you have?

Do you see any swelling in the affected part when you have the symptoms?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Burning, tingling, coloured toes. Prescribed mupirocin. Suggest medication 3 days later
Thank you doctor for answering me. All my toes have the same problem.My small toes have sometimes open wounds but still all the rest of the toes burn & red.the symptoms are continuous. The aggravating factors: my toes by themselves become too hot, burning & painful. I can't wear nor put anything on my could be the whole day or the whole week.I have to put Mupirocin all the time and soft kleenex tissue to move around the house & still painful to walk. Sometimes i see some blisters coming out. The relieving factors is to cool them off & use Mupirocin but the problem they keep coming back within one day or two days.My toes do swell when i have the symptoms, become very hot, burning, painful and tingling.At night, i can't sleep with the pain; they become worse if i don't put the medicine.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for answering my questions.

Based on the information provided, I suspect you may have eczema with superadded recurrent bacterial infections.

Definitive treatment for such lesions is by steroid ointments ones containing Clobetasol propionate or Hydrocortisone. It is advisable to apply Mupirocin when you see raw surface after the blisters open up.

Keeping the affected part dry is another essential requirement for the lesions to heal.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Burning, tingling, coloured toes. Prescribed mupirocin. Suggest medication 38 hours later
Thank you for sending me this information. I let my doctor know & discuss these things with her. I do appreciate your answers.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.

If no further queries, please do close the query with a feedback.

Wish you good health.