Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation while urinating. UA test done. What does the report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Recently when I urinate I've been getting a small burning sensation at the end. I went and got a UA and the results read as follows:

Color yellow
Appearance clear
Specific gravity 1.024
Ph 5.0
Glucose neg
Bilirubin neg
Ketones neg
Occult blood neg
Protein neg
Nitrate neg
Leukocyte esterace neg
WBC none
RBc 0-3
Squamous epithelial cells 6-10
Bacteria none
Uric acid crystals few
Hyaline cast none
Comments few mucous threads

If I don't have a UTI then what could it be?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted and report of your Urine analysis it appears that you have Uric acid crystals in urine and your urine is acidic in nature.

The pain at the end of urination could be due to acidic urine and Uric acid crystals.
Please consult qualified Urologist for evaluation and further treatment.

Please get your Serum Uric Acid levels estimated if it turns out to be raised, you may need to take medications to reduce the same.

Ensure to take urine alkalizer and to drink more water to keep your urine alkaline and dilute.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Burning sensation while urinating. UA test done. What does the report indicate? 21 minutes later
How serious could this be? I'm a little concerned because I thought it would just be a UTI and its not. What are some of the possibilities?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 51 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

Your urine sample does not show any features of infection (no bacteria and no WBC).

Apart from stones and acidic urine, I do not think there are any other possibilities.

Stones per se and acidic urine are not serious. Drinking plenty of water and alkaliser such as sodium citrate should take care of the problem.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr.Patil.