Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation post urination, pain in testicles, sore throat, on medication, tested for HIV, Hb, HCV, urine culture, normal reports. Causes ?

Urologist
Question
i have buring senstation after urination and pain in right testicle and soar throat for 4 months ihave tested for hiv,hb,hcv,gonorria,chlymadia,urine culture,blood culture but no problem found(repeted tests),please tell
i have taken many medicines told by doctors but no improvement
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Burning sensation post urination, pain in testicles, sore throat, on medication, tested for HIV, Hb, HCV, urine culture, normal reports. Causes ? 4 minutes later
what test should i do?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

Based on your description, you are probably having right sided epididymitis. A proper physical examination, few blood tests, urine analysis as well as ultrasound examination of the testis are needed to diagnose the condition.

In addition to your medications, I suggest you to try oral forcan tablets after discussing with your primary doctor. I suggest my patients to try tablet forcan 200 mg every day for 5 days and follow up.

Adequate rest, plenty of water, proper scrotal support, avoiding tight under garments and oral analgesics such as Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily for a few days are few other measures which would be useful in this condition.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. Should you have any further queries or clarification, I will be available to address them.

Follow-up: Burning sensation post urination, pain in testicles, sore throat, on medication, tested for HIV, Hb, HCV, urine culture, normal reports. Causes ? 11 hours later
Sir I have taken sporanox(intraconazole) for 1 week,still i have to take forcan?please tell test name for epidimytis for serum so that i directly go to pathlab as for good treatment 150 km i have 2 go

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

You don't need to repeat Forcan.

There are no specific tests for epididymitis.

You should see urologist for the treatment for the same.

Proper scrotal support, avoiding tight under garments and oral analgesics such as Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily for a few days may be helpful.