Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation on the tip of penis post unprotected sex. STD test negative, no infection detected on strip. Any ideas?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi

The last three times I have had unprotected oral sex (its over a 5 week period) where lube is involved I seem to get this burning sensation on the tip of my penis,went to the doctor, tested negative for STD's and have been on antibiotics. Last test showed no blood or infection on the strip as well. Any ideas? Its three for three now, i get the issue the very next morning. No marks on penis, no redness, no blisters, no smelly or cloudy pee just the irritation before I pee and a bit sore on the tip. sometimes pee relieves the irritation.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 31 minutes later
Hi
Because of oral sex,there was mild trauma to the tip of penis.
Burning sensation cannot be due to STD.
Apart from antibiotics, please take anti inflammatory drug.
The irritation on the tip will come down.
Nothing to worry
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Burning sensation on the tip of penis post unprotected sex. STD test negative, no infection detected on strip. Any ideas? 28 minutes later
Thank you that actually sounds reasonable, was just concerned that it happened so frequently. I just want to make sure when i mean the tip I mean the inside of the tip of the penis. But its right on the edge...

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 51 minutes later
Hi
Urethra is long in females.It connects the bladder to outside.
Tip of the penis includes end of penile urethra which gets injured due to trauma.
Your problem will be relieved with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.