Burning sensation on penis after oral sex. Tested negative for STD. Worried for genital herpes

Question
I have had a STD test like 2 weeks ago because I had oral sex and felt a sensation in my penis while sitting. The tests were negative. After the test I had oral sex again with a different girl, and feel the same way. I dont know if it is in my mind or what. I don't have pain while urinating, or ejaculation. I "feel" like a mild burining sensation in tip of my penis that could just be my mind i dont know. The only risky behavior that I have had after the STD test was oral sex. This girl who also gave me, I also kissed her and recieved no signs from kissing her. Is it genital herpes? Should I get tested again? Or is it all in my head? THere are no bumps on my penis either
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Burning sensation after an episode of oral sex could be due to minor abrasions which usually occur. Such abrasions when are irritated by penile secretions which do contain some amount of salt cause burning sensation. This is not serious and seen in many without any complications.

Not in regards with the burning sensation, I would still recommend you to get test done as you do not know the status of the girl you were engaged with.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Burning sensation on penis after oral sex. Tested negative for STD. Worried for genital herpes 25 minutes later
Thank you very much. To get tested should I just get the regular standard STD testing or should I find somewhere that tests for herpes too?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I would recommend you to get the test for Herpes done more importantly. Herpes is one of the STDs which cause lesions on the penis around a period of two weeks after exposure,which present with burning sensation.

Wish you good health.