Burning sensation near scrotum. Cause? Does excessive masturbation lead to low sperm count and infertility?

General Surgeon
Question
im XXXXXXX i have been facing some strange burning sensation in my left side of scortum
ys i have an another question is too much masturbation leads to lower sperm count and perhaps i have been masturbation from my school days onward s and do daily twise in a day
is this excessive masturbation will cause infertility problem and about me
(im a sports man do running for 5 km daily and generally has good health
and has no chronic medical past history but im a regular alcohlic drinker only 2 and 1/2 pegs in a day but not regular in a week may be 03 to 04 times i visit bar)
plz clarify my problem.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such burning sensation can be caused by testicle inflammation, epidydimis, variocele or inguinal hernia. sometimes give such symptom as well.
If the pain has appeared after lifting some heavy object, hernia is possible. The pain should aggravate while coughing, one testicle should be larger than the other one.
Variocele (varices) can be palpated as a noodles in the area where the pain is.
Testicle inflammation, epidydimis or urinary tract infection should also give burning while urinating, frequent urinating.

I suggest you to have urine analysis and testis ultrasound at first. Most likely antibiotics will be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Burning sensation near scrotum. Cause? Does excessive masturbation lead to low sperm count and infertility? 17 hours later
plz clarify my problem.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 hours later
Hello!

No, masturbation does not lead to lower sperm count. There is nothing wrong in masturbation. Almost every men does it and this is very normal, healthy behavior. Moreover it keeps your sperm fresh and stimulates sperm production. For your testicles there is no difference between masturbation and intercourse.
So no problem in that.

Hope this will help.
Regards.