Burning sensation in the body till the foot, cold sweats. Remedy and advise?

have burning sensation on front right side of body it stays there but it also travels down the inside of right leg down to my right foot and somtimes my whole body feels hot and i get cold sweats it seems worse when i sit
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 13 hours later

Thanks for the query

From the clinical details provided to me it looks like you have problems with the nerves exiting from the spine. Burning pain in the right leg traveling down indicate the possibility of radicular pain in you mostly affecting your L5 & S1 radicular nerves on the right side. In view of the traumatic fracture in the past, the possibility of slip disc and lumbo-sacral spondylosis needs consideration.

Regarding the feeling of hotness in the whole body and cold sweats I feel these does not signify any serious neurological disease. Conditions like change in the weather and anxiety can rarely cause problems similar to this.

So I personally feel you are suffering from l5-S1 radiculopathy on the right side probably secondary to slip disc and spondylosis. You need to see a Neurologist for a good clinical examination and consultation to confirm the same. Investigations like MRI of the LS spine and ENMG studies of the limbs are required to exclude other causes of radiculopthy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist