Burning sensation in ovary, nausea, diarrhea, feverish. Trying to conceive. Help

May 2013
I am experiencing a burning sensation over my left ovary (I assume that's where it is) that has been getting progressively worse over the last day. Yesterday I had sever diarrhoea and today I feel nauseous and feverish, don't have a thermometer so can't check for sure. We have been trying for a baby and I'm now on cycle day 30. Tested this morning on digital test but came back negative. Also negative test on cycle day 23 (usually end of my cycle). Felt sure I was pregnant from symptoms but obviously the mind can play tricks when you are hoping for something. Doctors appointments in uk hard to come by so hoping for some help here. Many thanks.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 49 minutes later
thanks for the query.

according to your description the possibilities are,

-ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome: when during treatment for infertility ovulation induction drugs are used there is possibility for hyper stimulation, in which due to multiple follicular development ovary will enlarge,
and in mild cases it can present with abdominal distension and discomfort and the next stage is development of nausea, vomitings, diarrhea with ovarian enlargement of more than 5cms size.

-pelvic inflammatory disease: which can present with features like fever, pain abdomen, nausea etc,

anyhow as ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome is some what serious problem, you consult doctor as early as possible to undergo physical examination, ultrasound to rule out that possibility.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.