Burning sensation in left nipple and it is dry. What does it mean?

My left nipple feels like its burnjng and its been a but dry what does this means
Im 20 female abd healthy
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
dryness leads to burning

Detailed Answer:

There are a lot of glands around the nipple that keeps it moist. If the nipple is dry so it can cause burning. Since you are very young female and absolutely healthy there is no reason to worry. Most often there are some local causes which cannot be explained with out examination. However they are mostly benign.

I suggest you to try simple home remedies like apply petroleum jelly over the surrounding area every 6 hours.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Burning sensation in left nipple and it is dry. What does it mean? 5 minutes later
Would it have anyhhing to to with polysistic ovaries
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No relation found

Detailed Answer:
Polycystic ovaries has no relation with the dryness of the nipple. As I said it is most likely a local problem because of temporary dysfunction of the oil secreting glands on the nipple.

Polycystic ovary is a metabolic as well as hormonal in nature.

No relation was found.