Burning sensation in genital area after having protected sex. Could this be yeast infection?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had protected sex (latex) about 48 hours ago. I received a call from the other party asking if I had a yeast infection as he has had a burning sensation that started a couple of hours after. What could possibly be going on?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
I dont think this can be yeast or any other std infection if his/her symptoms started after few hours already. This is more likely latex allergy or iritation. So you should both wait for few more days and see will some rash,bumps,discharge or pain in genital area occur. If does,you should do std testing and then it can be easily treated. Burning sensation can be caused by uroinfection or std which is not related to sexual intercourse. Wish you good health.feel free to ask. Regards