Burning sensation in back due to unfound IUD. Shows up on x-ray but not in laparoscopy

i have burning sensation in my back could this be because of my unfound iud thats in me somewhere shows on xray but did laprascopy and couldn't find it
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

IUCD sometimes gets entangled in the gut and it is very difficult to find it.

You can get CT guided laproscopy or it can be taken out under C arm which is used by an orthopedic surgeon.

Other option is laparotomy.

The burning sensation is not due to IUD

There can be other reasons , the most common being the post operative burning due to gas insufflation.

Other reasons can be local muscular problem and Vit B12 deficiency

Take methylcobalamin tablets under doctor's prescription

I hope I have answered your query , if you want to ask anything else you are most welcome

Best wishes