Burning sensation in arm, pain in lower back, shoulder blade and legs. What's causing this?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a burning sensation down my left arm(inner arm between the bicep and forearm) , pain in my lower back and between the shoulder blades. Feels like knots between shoulder blades. I am also getting random sharp pains in my legs. Left shoulder muscle is sore to the touch like a bruise. Not sure what is going on just really weird.
Correction - Right shoulder sore to touch like a bruise
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Welcome and Thanks for posting your query.

Your symptoms might be related to a muscle pull or a nerve compression symptom.

As a primary treatment, you can start taking mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen along with hot fomentation and adequate rest to the arm muscles. You can avoid doing exercise for a few days and take vitamin B complex supplements for nerve related symptoms.

In case the symptoms do not show any improvement over next three days or are aggravated then you need to consult an Orthopedician for a clinical examination and specific treatment like muscle relaxants.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.