Burning sensation in anus area. Diagnosed with piles in anal canal. Is it normal to have burning sensation in piles?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
I have been diagnosed with piles in my anal canal by a surgeon who did a proctoscope.But I am having burning sensation around my anus area while passing stool & even after it.Is it normal to have burning sensation in piles.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 35 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Sometimes piles is associated with an anal fissure, which can cause the symptoms you are suffering from (itching and burning sensation). It can also lead to pain while passing stools and blood in the stools.
To deal with this condition, you should take the following measures:
1. Consume a high roughage diet (green vegetables, isabgol)
2. Drink a lot of fluids
3. Avoid spicy and fried food as it leads to constipation and can cause more burning and pain
4. Use a laxative if you still have constipation
5. Apply xylocaine jelly 2% twice a day at the site where you are having burning
5. Do Sitz bath (take a tub of hot water and sit in it for 10 mins twice each day)

If you follow these measures, your symptoms would subside within 10-15 days completely.

Hope you get well soon.

Follow-up: Burning sensation in anus area. Diagnosed with piles in anal canal. Is it normal to have burning sensation in piles? 31 minutes later
Thanks for your advice.Actually the burning sensation is inside the anal canal while passing stools & also after it.What should I apply inside the anal canal.
The doctor doing the proctoscope mentioned that I dont have any anal fissure but only piles.He has given me an ointment Anobliss to apply inside the anal canal & also a medicine Daflon 500 mg. to be taken 2 tablets twice daily for 15 days.Hence this burning sensation during stool & lingering burning sensation after stool is not clear to me.

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 6 hours later
Dear Sir,

The anobliss ointment is to take care of the fissure only, which is very commonly there with a pile mass. The itching is because of that and takes a few days to go away. You can apply that ointment with the applicator inside the anal canal as well.

Daflon will help you get rid of the piles but it will take a few days.

Hoping for the best.

Follow-up: Burning sensation in anus area. Diagnosed with piles in anal canal. Is it normal to have burning sensation in piles? 19 minutes later
Thanks for your advice! I wanted to know wether the burning sensation will go away after taking the medicine & applying the ointment.

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 5 hours later
Dear sir,

The pain and burning would go away with regular medicines and application of the ointment in addition to the lifestyle changes.