Burning sensation in abdomen and lower back. What could be causing this problem?

Last night, I touched my abdomen (upper left below rib) and I felt a burning sensation. It almost felt like a hot iron was being held to my skin. My lower abdomen and lower back feels the same way but only when touched by something. This burning sensation is only on the left side of my torso. what could be causing this problem?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The problem you have could be paraesthesia, this occurs when there is problem in the nerve conduction.This can happen due to compression of the nerve supplying the particular area. The compression can occur at any point along the course of the nerve.

Do consult your GP who after examining can ascertain the site of compression and the cause for the same.

The treatment depends on the cause.Most of times such symptoms could be due mild compression of the nerve around the shoulder and they disappear on their own after some exercise in the joint.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.