Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation during urination and noticed white fluid in urine. Which specialist should I consult?

Sep 2012

I am a 26 year old male, I noticed a white fluid in my urine and its giving a burning sensation at times. I noticed it couple of months back, its not frequent may 2 or three times a week. I never had an unsafe sex, I usually masturbate once or twice a week.. What would it be and whom should i see for it.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 33 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the symptoms indicate presence of seminal fluid in urine. Now, burning sensation indicates towards prostatitis. It can be of various types like infective caused by bacteria, or it may be congestive.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after a thorough clinical examination. For this, you have to consult with urologist.

Now, just do a routine urine examination from a laboratory. Then, consult with urologist for further management depending upon the urine examination.

Lastly, most probably, you are suffering from prostatitis and for further management consult with urologist.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.