Burning sensation and tingling in the pelvic area after using bath salts. Related?

I just got out of a bath with bath salts, and my butt/pelvic area is tingling, almost burning sensation. Are they related?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It is likely that the sensation you are experiencing is related to the bath salts. Those areas of your body can be extremely sensitive to fragrance enhanced products or to salts.

Depending on how long you spent in the bath, the sensation of tingling may present itself to you. If you were only in the tub a short time you may consider changing the brand of the salts which you use as it is likely you have sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Let me reassure you also, that the symptoms you have experienced are not worrisome or life threatening and they should slowly resolve over the next 8 to 12 hours. Keep an eye out, for a rash or some other sign of allergy as well.

I thank you again for the query and hope my response has served to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga