Burning sensation and mild pain below spine. Mammograms clear. Should I go for bone scan?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi , i had a masectomy 12 years ago with no further treatments .i have yearly mammograms,my last one in march being all clear .i went to my doctor last week with a muscle ache in my middle back just below bra strap by my spine not on my spine with a mild ache coming round to the front rib with a mild burning.i sometimes get very sore ribs when i press on them underneath mt left breast . and sometimes my breast bone is sore to touch . she is sending me for a bone scan my blood came back that i had no inflammation i do feel quite anxious by this and have started worrying she did say there was a long waiting list for a bone scan , i am otherwise a well and healthy 64 year old woman thankyou
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The pain in your back radiating to the front rib with mild burning could be due to a bone lesion secondary or breast cancer or could be a muscle pain due to bad posture or a tight bra strap.
You can start taking mild pain killers, do a hot fomentation in the area and get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your physician. Application of a local analgesic gel on the area after a hot fomentation will help the muscle related pains.
The best way to get it diagnosed is a bone scan for which you will have to wait.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.