Burning sensation after getting treatment for thickened endometrium and ovary. Suggest some medicine

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
burning sensation after getting treatment(one week ago) for thickened endometrium, bulky rt. ovary. colcoscopy done(finding- before acetoacid erosion+ after 3% flimsy acetowhite). Dilate cervix serial Hegairs dilator upto 6, curratage all four walls of uterus till grating sensation & air bubbles come. Taken Prescribed medicine (Ampicillin+Dicloxacillin 500mg., Emanzen-D for 4 days), the burning sensation subsides after taking the medicines but not cured, immense burning sensation still persist. any other medication?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 2 hours later
I saw your medical history. Where do you mean is the burning sensation? Is it abdominal or pubic skin? The causes for burning sensation after treatment are many-because of removal of pubic hair, cautery touching parts like skin, injury to any nerve.
Taking the prescribed drugs is giving relief. The prescribed medicines are good and routinely done by doctors for pain relief. I think you should wait as this is a good sign of healing.
If not then your treating surgeon has to examine again for missing causes of burning sensation.
Let me know if I can help further.
Follow-up: Burning sensation after getting treatment for thickened endometrium and ovary. Suggest some medicine 1 hour later
the burning sensation is in the vaginal area and inside. why still not cured even after 10 days when i was given only 4 days medication. is it a result of infection due to punch biopsy forceps used to take cervical biopsy. can i take cefoperazone or cefixime or co-trimoxazole?
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 7 hours later

Thanks again.

Yes, the burning sensation could be in the vaginal area and inside. It may be because of injury caused by biopsy. In the due course it will heal and the pain will subside.

However, you can consult your doctor to rule out infection before starting any medication.

Don't worry the symptoms will gradually subside. Drink plenty of water and avoid sexual intercourse.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

With best wishes