Burning, pins and needles and cramps in legs after eating. Blood test normal. What is wrong?

please help me.....2 hrs after i eat i get severe burning, pins and needles ans cramps in my legs... had loads of blood tests , nothing,,, this is stoping me eating, and doctors dont understand what im saying,,,,, whats wrong
im 61, 8st, and 5ft
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 17 hours later
Hello and thank you for the query.

Regarding the presence of symptoms like burning , pain, cramps and aches in the legs indicate the presence of neuropathy in you. However the relation ship between the food and pain is interesting and have not seen one so far. Other close differential causes i can think is of Restless leg syndrome.

Hypothyroidism it self can cause neuropathy in you.

So i personally feel Needle electromyography and nerve conduction studies may be of help to get some clues of what is happening in you. This is a very difficult time for you I am sure. The bottom line is that I think you need to talk to your GP and arrange an appointment with your electrophysiologist for detail evaluation.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.