Burning & painful vagina after applying veet around vaginal area. Relief?

Question
Hi I used beet around my vagina now it's burning what can I put on to relieve the burning
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: Burning & painful vagina after applying veet around vaginal area. Relief? 0 minute later

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Veet can cause skin irritation on the vaginal mucosa, especially if used for the first time. That’s what is causing the burning sensation. First off, remove the excess veet, if it is still present; wash the area thoroughly with cold water. That should cause some relief. Then if there is still some remaining irritation, you can apply calamine lotion or aloe Vera on the affected area. Do not apply inside the vagina. Wash only with cold water inside. Keep washing with cold water every 2 hrs.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.