Burning pain on upper right abdomen with flutter, dark urine, increased thirst. Signs of gallstones?

Hi, I could not find a GI specialist so hope you can answer this. I had some sports drink and food and almost immediately had a fluttering sensation on my right upper abdomen under the ribcage near the middle, pretty much , then medium pain that went from dull to burning. Then the burning pain is also in larger middle part a bit lower (more vertical than horizontal) and is now moved to a kind of dull feeling like there was something. I also have pain in the middle of my stomach (it comes and goes), and other parts all kinds of pains and feeling like a finger is pushing (I have IBS). But the fluttering feeling happens every now and again, sort of every minute or so and it's right under the u. When I press the area a bit it doesn't really hurt. I tend to have a lot of stomach pains and have had the flutter before but this was stronger. Occassionally when the flutter happens it also feels like my heart 'flutters' at the same time.
Once I had to go to a&e and the GI consultant there said that he is almost sure i have gallstones but a scan showed nothing but i do keep getting those really painful attacks. Temperature 37c, I am normal weight. I have had diarrhea recently and my urine has been very dark for days and I am very thirsty all the time. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

The diarrhoea you had and ongoing mild dehydration you have could lead to aggravation of the flutter by causing gastritis.The flutter is probably an XXXXXXX burp and happens due to vibrations in the regurgitating Cardiac sphincter (sphincter =valve at the lower end of the stomach) which lies inside the abdomen exactly where you localise the problem.

The burning sensation is surely due to gastritis associated here.I would not consider gall stones being the cause here by any chance as the symptoms would be much different.

The best way to ascertain the exact cause would be by a endoscopy called OGDscopy (osephagogastrodeodenoscopy) which helps to visualise the sphincter and its defects.The treatment depends on what kind of problem the sphincter has and can be formulated on the endoscopic findings.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.