Burning pain in the triceps and armpit, pain worsens on breathing

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I have a burning pain in my left tricep and at times the rear of my armpit that worsens with a XXXXXXX breath. Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The burning pain in the triceps and armpit which aggravates on XXXXXXX breathing is most likely a muscular pain due to some inflammation. Such kind of pains usually follow overuse of muscles or tendonitis.
1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
3) You may use a splint or a removable brace to help keep the tendons still
You can consult your physician for confirmation of diagnosis and stronger prescription medicines in case these measures do not help.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.