Burning pain in shoulder blade. MRI showed bone spurs & a couple of degenerative discs. Having overactive bladder

For over a year now, I have had bouts of severe burning pain in my left shoulder blade, underneath my arm and in the tricep area, to my elbow. It is excruciating & I can't stand to have anything touching my skin. It usually lasts about 24 hours, at which time the extreme pain subsides, but i just about always have some sort of burning there. I had an MRI done of my cervical spine, a couple of bone spurs & a couple of degenerative discs. It also showed I had a frozen shoulder. I've been doing physical therapy for that & am so much better. However, I still have episodes of burning pain. It comes out of nowhere. Sometimes i will get this burning pain after intercourse. This week, I started having issues with an overactive bladder & all of a sudden the burning starts. Could this be related? I am a 57 year old female, not overweight & I take good care of myself. Lately, I feel like I'm falling apart & don't really know where to turn next. Any advice or thoughts you can give me will be appreciated.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I do understand your concern

I have noted your medical problem

The pain that you have described is commonly seen in people with nerve compression with cervical spondylosis. Another common cause is some people might have had an episod of brachial plexopathy which may intermittently cause these types of pain. I advise you to repeat the MRI scan of the cervical area as well as a both the hands to see if anything wrong with your nerves in the hand, mainly in the upper part. You need blood test to rule out diabetes. The bladder problem that you have described could be related to urinary infection rather than related to this problem. You can go for a routine urine test and see if there are infections and if required ultrasound of the pelvis. If all these tests are negative, I advise you to try medications like Pregabaline, Gbapentine, Duloxetine etc which will remarkably reduce your pain. Please consult a local physician who will guide you through investigations and management

I hope that I have clarified your query
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern
Best wishes