Burning lips, dry mouth and white spots around lips. STD test normal. Is this a sign of HPV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Burning lips and dry mouth for months. micro white spots around lips. All std tests came back normal. Is this a sign of HPV? I did the oralDNA and it came back negative. I have spoke to oral surgeons and dermatologists with no helpful information. Blood work is normal except for low vitamin D. What should I do? Am I contagious? What should I take? I feel as though it is spreading to my throat. No end in sight.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

HPV is totally asymptomatic unless it is secondarily infected. Moreover HPV in lips for an adult is extremely rare and the HPV DNA is negative. So HPV can be ruled out.
HSV infection can have these symptoms, but will not persist for months. Symptoms will be there for few days followed by vesicles and ulcers, that too will heal spontaneously within 2 weeks. So HSV is also unlikely. HIV due to oral sex is very very low.
Other STDs will manifest either ulcers or with pharyngitis. All your symptoms may be due to fear for STDs and HIV and anxiety. Consult your physician once again and rule out with investigations for HIV,Syphilis, Gonorrhea and feel relax. Rule out diabetes also. If you have Diabetes, then yeast infection has to be ruled out.

You will be alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan.
Follow-up: Burning lips, dry mouth and white spots around lips. STD test normal. Is this a sign of HPV? 12 hours later
I have taken a blood test and a urine sample and have come back negative for the STD panel. I am more tired, I have a white line in the middle of my inner cheeks that will not go away. What else should I check? My semen is also very watery now. I also feel like I have been getting hot flashes on and off during this entire time.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Welcome back with you feed back questions.

As your STD panel results and urine results are negative for STD , you need not worry at all.
If you extremely tired, have a complete Haemogram and blood sugar estimation. It will give some clue to the treating physician to tackle the same.
Don't worry about the consistency of Semen as it is variable due to various factors. If there is difficulty in producing offspring after regular and consistent sexual contact for more than six months, then only one has to worry about the quality of semen.
Hot flushes also may be due to various factors like climate, diet, drinking habits etc.
An experienced physician will be able to guide you better when you consult him/her.
White line on the inner aspect of cheek can occur with some dermatological conditions like Lichen planus.

I assure you that you need not worry about the past sexual experience.

Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Burning lips, dry mouth and white spots around lips. STD test normal. Is this a sign of HPV? 47 hours later

I also have reoccuring redness on my foreskin when I pull it back. The symptoms happened around the same time as the lips. I have taken flucanzol and have used steriod cream. But the problem persists. What are your thoughts? STD?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 50 minutes later
Welcome back once again.

Redness over the fore skin of your penis may be due to yeast infection or may be due to some irritation either due to soaps, antiseptics or some other topical applications or may even be due to allergy to condom. A dermatovenereologist will be able to find out the exact cause for the same and will be able to cure the same in no time.
So don't worry and consult your doctor.
I hope that you got your questions answered.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan