Burning in right side, have polycystic ovaries, periods started late, not pregnant. Should I be worried?

I am looking for some advice, I started my period finally it was 5 and half months late I am not pregnant nor could be. It started yesterday but in last hour it feels like its burning on the lower right hand side which is the side I have Polycystic ovaries on, should I be worried ? can I take Mefenamic Acid 500 mg take one tablet three times a day, When I am taking Mebeverine ?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 3 days later

Dysmenorrhea can be associated with polycystic ovaries (PCOS), but in dysmenorrhea a dull cramping pain known to occur and not burning sensation.

Based on your description, the burning sensation is highly, highly unlikely to be related to PCOS; nor does it have any association to the fact that you had a delayed period.

As you are already taking enough analgesics like paracetamol & ibuprofen, there is no need to take additional dose of mefenamic acid for pain. You can take it if a heavy bleeding occurs.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.