Burning in right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area. Suggest the cure?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Burning In right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area for about 1 week but increasing with each day 59 years old women
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to nerve irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Your symptom of burning sensation in the described areas could be due to a nerve irritation possibly in the upper cervical spine region between C3 & C4 regions. This nerve irritation may generally happen due to a protruded intervertebral disc causing compression over the passing nerve root at that level.

An MRI scan of the cervical spine is needed in establishing the diagnosis.

Neurotropic drugs like Pregabalin or methylcobalamine will be helpful in alleviating your symptoms.

A detailed clinical examination is also necessary to arrive at a possible diagnosis.

So, I suggest you to approach your family physician for a detailed evaluation to rule out other causes.

Hope I have justified your query. I welcome any more clarifications.

Follow-up: Burning in right breast upper arm and burning in upper blade shoulder area. Suggest the cure? 8 minutes later
Do I need a prescrition from physican or is this something over counter. No lumps or swelling just burning
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to have a doctor's prescription.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, If you are residing in India you can get them over the counter but not abroad.

Burning sensation is a typical symptom of neurological disturbance without any lumps or swelling.

Good day