Burning feeling in stomach and feeling like vomiting. Suffering from diarrhoea. Suggest the cure?

General Surgeon
I have a burning feeling in my stomach which stays with me most of the day, when i brush in the morning i feel like vomiting i also would suffer from diarrhoea
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux disease.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Tooth brushing can cause nausea especially if you irritate the throat. This is very normal thing.
Stomach burning is most likely caused by acid reflux disease. Due to increased amount of stomach acid, it causes burning in the stomach and esophagus. The pain or burning usually appears after a meal. It is localized in the upper abdomen or lower chest. Nausea and vomiting can be also present.
Acid reflux disease can be caused by peptic ulcer or stomach inflammation. Stomach cancer should be also ruled out.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound and blood work done first. If nothing will be found, gastroscopy should be next.
Stool tests should be also done as your diarrhea is probably caused by bacterial infection.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee and alcohol.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Burning feeling in stomach and feeling like vomiting. Suffering from diarrhoea. Suggest the cure? 8 days later
What medication would you recommend for short tearm relief
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Omeprasole 20 mg once a day, in the morning before any meal should help with symptoms. Mentioned diet can give great effects as well.