Burning and tingling of legs after using new salt for a bath for a pregnant lady. Worry about the baby?

I tried a new bath salt and my legs immediately started burning and tingling. Could this be an allergic reaction? I am 21 weeks pregnant also and took a tylenol afterwards to help with my headache instead of getting back in the warm bath with salts. Should I be concerned about my baby?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Bath salts are cardiac and cerebral stimulants and should not be used during pregnancy. The burning and tingling that you experienced in your legs might be due to an allergic reaction or due to teh direct effect of those salts on your nerves.
It is good that you did not get back in warm bath with salts.
A single short exposure is not going to affect your baby at all. So do not worry.
It is best to avoid any such exposures in future.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.