Burning and sharp pains after bang on head, pressure behind the eyes. Headache. Advise of what could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I was hit in the back of the head yesterday by a metal/ solid residential door w/ casing, it fell forward it's height (about 5') and bounced on my head, knocking me to my knee's with a BAD burning and sharp pains... I have 3 long bumps and that side of my head, my ear acts as if It needs to pop, stuffy with pressure feeling down my neck n in my jaw, like an ear infection pressure, and pressure behind my eye... making my eye feel like it's straining.. I was nauseous off n on yesterday and shooting pains on and off... kinda a dull headache... I don't have insurance and don't want to go to the er if it's nothing??
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
I can understand your concern and the financial restraints.
From your description, it seems that you have suffered a serious head injury with internal bleeding causing a raised pressure inside your head and the feeling of nausea.
Your symptoms are worrisome and do need a medical attention. I advise you to attend an ER for investigations like CT or MRI of head to know the extent of injury you have suffered, Appropriate treatment is also needed to bring down the raised intracranial tension and to stop the further bleeding if there is any.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.