Burning and itching, no urination, depression. Laparoscopy done. What could be the reason?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I am looking for some advice please, I had a laproscopy on Tuesday 17th april, I have had a feeling I need to wee Since and its not passing, I am also burning and itching quite badly I feel ok ish in my self just odd feeling of being down but my depression is up at the moment. What could it be ?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Need some information before I can guide you ahead

1] What was the laparoscopic procedure done?
2] What was the type of anesthesia given ?
3] Were you catheterized ?
4] Is it so that your are not able to wee at all or there is difficulty in doing so ?
5] Do you have fever ?

Revert back with this information & I will help you out
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Burning and itching, no urination, depression. Laparoscopy done. What could be the reason? 1 hour later

It was a Abdominal laproscopy for unknown cause of stomach pain,
I had a General Aneasthetic,
I dont know if I had a XXXXXXX or not
I am able to wee but after going I need to go again.
I don't have to much of a fever.

When they did the laproscopy they found the following, I have IBS badly, I also have Polycystic ovaries, and also My Small bowel is attached to my stomach wall, Is this XXXXXXX with my bowel what should I ask them todo!

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for the information

I think it is better to get the information from the operating surgeon for catheteriztion

If they say yes go for a urine examination and take antibiotic if there are pus cells

Regarding adherent small bowel loops to the abdominal wall, I think they would have done an adenolysis

For IBS manage your stress levels and take a probiotic

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Burning and itching, no urination, depression. Laparoscopy done. What could be the reason? 8 minutes later
It was a gyn Surgeon who did it and told me I had it and they couldn't do anything what is a adenolysis Should I see about getting one?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for your followup

Adenolysis is a procedue where in the adhesions between the intestines and abdominal wall are removed

If there were adhesions and causing symptoms they need to be managed with adenolysis

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon