Burning and itching in genital area and legs. What might be causing this?

Excellent

Question
hello,DR . IM FROM WV AND EVERY SO OFTEN I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SKIN IN MY GENITAL AND LEG AREA . IT STARTS BURNINGS AND ITCHING, BUT IT DONT HURT WHEN I GO TO THE RESTROOM. AND IT GOES AWAY FOR MONTHS , THEN IT WILL ALL OF SUDDEN COME BACK. IT WILL GO AWAY IN THREE OR FOUR DAYS AND I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAL WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSEING THIS PROBLEM
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
Lesions with burns and itchy in genital area that appear and disappear
a likely diagnosis is Fungal Infection.In the genital area due to sweating , fungal infections are very frequent.It is advisable to wear cotton slip and keep the genital area dry.I treat my patients with a cream whose components are clioquinol and betamethasone twice a day 15 days + Fluconazole 100 mg per day by mouth 7 days when fungal infection is the diagnosis.Please consult your local doctor for confirm the diagnosis and for prescription.
I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.