Burning and irritation while urination, thick white discharge. History of yeast infection

Question
Lately, ive been having this white clumpy discharge after sex... no odor, no itching... what is it? Last time i went to the doctor i got treated for a yeast infection but the symptoms were different... it would burn while urinating and i would get irritated,,, but this time is different... its white discharge and like i said no odor or itching, or irritation. It's just clumpy while having sex....
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query.
It is normal for vagina to produce discharges.
This discharge is generally white,clear and sticky.
A woman knows the best about her body and will know when something wrong is happening.
Your discharge seems to be either sexual arousal fluid or due to orgasm.
This discharge is normal.
Abnormal discharges are smelly and irritating and occur due to yeast infections or due to bacterial vaginosis like you had earlier.
Just don't worry and keep the proper hygiene.
Consult your doctor if pain or smell starts coming in the disharge.
I hope to have answered your query however I am open for further discussion,if required.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Burning and irritation while urination, thick white discharge. History of yeast infection 17 hours later
what kind of worries me is that... the discharge is super thick and like cottage cheese but no odor or itchiness or burning while urinating... which is weird...

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Since your discharge is not associated with any foul smell or itching or redness on vulva or any burning in urine, it looks to be normal but the consistency being super thick raises enough suspicion.

You should get a wet smear and gram staining of the discharge to be sure it is nothing.

Please accept the answer if you have no additional concerns.

Regards.

Follow-up: Burning and irritation while urination, thick white discharge. History of yeast infection 24 hours later
do you think it might be chlamydia?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection and occurs more commonly in individuals having multiple sexual partners.
Generally chlamydia infection causes burning in urine,vaginal or rectal discharge and painful sexual intercourse but sometimes only discharge can be there.
As I mentioned earlier you must get a wet smear and gram staining of your discharge for the diagnosis.
Thanks.