Burning after using veet hair removal cream on vagina. How can I stop the pain?

Hi, I recently used veet hair removal crem on my vagina and it is now burning really bad especially when I pee how can I stop the pain and burning?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Veet hair removal cream should not be used around mucous membrane ( vaginal area). Kindly avoid doing that in the future

I would Like to know a few more things in Oder to help you better

1. How long has it been since it's burning ?
2. Is the area red and tender to touch as well?
3. Did you develop fever ?
4. Has the area become itchy ?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Burning after using veet hair removal cream on vagina. How can I stop the pain? 4 minutes later
1. The burning is only when I pee I have sudo crem on it at the moment and it's soothing.

2. Yes the area is quite red and very smooth as if it is a burn only in surtain spots it is not very tender only when I pee

3. No I didn't

4. No it hasn't
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 20 hours later

Thanks for replying

I suggest you to take anti inflammatory drugs like levocetrizine at night to reduce the inflammation and urine alkaliniser like syp citraalka three times a day till the burning of urine comes down. Continue applying the sudo cream. It issue should settle by 1 week.
Please approach a gynaec for a quick examination and prescription,

I hope I have answered your query, I am sorry for the delay in reply I was stuck at the hospital with a case