Burn mark on face,applied water and silverex cream, still black spot on cheeks. Suggestion?

My 2 1/2 year old daughter had a burn stain on face last month while her mother is preparing a puri and she stands beside her when she is removing puri from kadai it fell on my daughter cheeks at that time we applied water and "Silverex Cream" now big XXXXXXX is not visible but there is some black spot on cheeks are visible. Is this will be disappeared or can i use any cream for that?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I can understand your concern for your child.

When ever there is superficial burns means only upper layers of skin are involved, there are no chances of marks later on. The skin becomes normal in couple of weeks.

Normally, the hot oil burns are XXXXXXX one, means the entire skin is damaged, this can at times lead to marks and discoloration.

Fortunately, the amount of oil was very less and there was no direct contact. As written by you the XXXXXXX in not visible now.

I think there in no reason to worry. Children have very good healing rate and in her case permanent discoloration or marks seems to very unlikely.

You can apply any good moisturizer on it and watch the progress. This should be fine in couple of more weeks without any treatment. In case it is still visible you should consult a Dermatologist for opinion and treatment if he thinks so.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.