Bumps on vagina, swollen, painful. Done test. Is it herpes?

Hi, I recently have bumps on my vaginia. At first they were pure white with red around it. Now they are swollen and painful an the white part of it disappeared. I went to the regular doctor and he thinks it's herpes. He took the test and now waiting on results. But does herpes have this same type of steps? I don't remember ever having blisters that ruptured.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
Herpes usually presents with many symptoms chief ones being lump,any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms.
There is pain, redness with lot of itching. It generally presents with group of lesions, multiple in number. It is associated with fever, body pain as constitutional symptoms.
A physical examination and investigations would be helpful in confirmation of the diagnosis.

If you had unprotected intercourse, the possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether the person with whom you were invlolved was actually infected or not.
The blisters are usually present in herpes infection but it is not a sure sign. It is best to wait for the results for confirmation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Bumps on vagina, swollen, painful. Done test. Is it herpes? 5 hours later
Thank you! I recently had intercourse but we used condoms. And 4 days later I noticed the bumps. And during those days I only noticed it when I wiped myself after using the bathroom. It felt like I just cut myself.
There is only two bumps and one of them is now creating a lump underneath the skin.
Also It looks like a crater with a white dot in the middle.
If the result come back negative, should I be concerned it being something else?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since the lesions are associated with a lump and there is a white dot in the middle, infection is likely. If the reports come negative then you need to have systemic antibiotics to clear the infection. Blocked glands or folliculitis is a likely possibility.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.