Bumps on thigh, flat and brown, no pain or itch. Do they look like HPV warts?

Should I be worried about this

I have three little bumps on the inside of my left thigh. They are small, flat and kinda brownish in color. They are not clumped together and they do not hurt or itch. I've looked online and in my opinion they do not look like HPV warts but I would like to make sure. I would just like to know if this is serious and if I should have it looked at. I can provide a picture if necessary. Im a little worried.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 9 hours later

A growth in the thigh area can be a wart, a skin tag - Achrocordon or a molluscum contagiosum etc.

If the lesion is soft and is not warty to touch, it is most likely to be a simple skin tag which is the most common lesion in the given area. Skin tags are elongations of normal skin which erupt due to protrusion of normal skin in areas of constant strain like axillae, groin, neck etc.

A wart usually grows at a faster pace and is warty and hard. Also a wart is infectious and can spread on the skin surface leading to multiple lesions in short span of time.

It would be better if you could get yourself examined by a qualified Dermatologist, as physical examination is must in dermatological lesions to come to exact diagnosis. You can get rid of them through a laser or a radio cautery procedure.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be happy to answer your follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Bumps on thigh, flat and brown, no pain or itch. Do they look like HPV warts? 16 hours later
I have uploaded 3 pictures in my profile for you to review. Thank you.

Thanks, did you review my photos? If so does it look like a wart?
What do you mean by warty to touch?
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 50 minutes later
Hello again,

Warty - hard, rough and lumpy lesion which is a feature of Human papilloma virus infection.

I was able to review the pictures sent by you. They look like 'keratotic' lesions. Do not worry, the lesion do not appear like a genital wart.

They can be effectively removed by a cautery / laser procedures. A competent dermatologist can perform the procedure safely and effectively.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Dr.Rohit Batra