Bumps on thigh and waistline, painful, pus-filled. Had cyst above buttocks, difficulty walking

i have these huge red bumps on my inner thighs and my waistline...very very painful and after 4 to 5 days fill with puss and sometimes pop by themselves or go away. i had a polinydol cyst right above my butt crack and these almost look and feel the same in so much pain...cant even walk or wear jeans.....
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, please answer the following questions:

1. How long are you having these rashes?
2. Is there any associated fever?
3. Have you taken any treatment till now?
4. Are the rashes associated with itching?

From the description it seems to be a skin and subcutaneous tissue infection like folliculitis. Systemic antibiotics and topical antibiotics along with anti inflammatory drugs are needed for relief.

You can upload the photos of the rashes in the box provided on the right side as this would help me in providing you with specific suggestions.

Awaiting your response.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.